Sunday 30 June 2013

A look back and a small revamp

The etsy shop has now been up and running for 100 days.  That time has just flown by; I have made over 150 pieces of jewellery, sold nearly 50 individual items, and have learned so much.



My style has evolved, and as I learn new skills these are incorporated in to the shop, for example,  this herringbone bracelet was inspired by several wire wrapping tutorials, and I was so pleased with the end result.

My shop has so far had 2500 views and nearly 100 favourites, which is just mind blowing.  I am so excited every single time I see someone has stumbled across one of my items.

The most popular item by views, and by quite some stretch, is the silver and black stone earrings found here.



So popular that I only have two pairs left.  I can't find these charms any more, so once they're gone they're gone!

One of the most popular items both by views and sales is a relatively new item.  I had been thinking about a double wrapped silver bracelet for some time, and was so pleased by how it worked out.

Due to the complexity of the item it is a custom order only.  Despite only being listed on the shop for 8 days, it has had more than 34 views, two purchases and another custom item on order.  Resin curing takes several days, therefore if you would like to purchase one of these bracelets with your own custom text, please let me know at least 7 days in advance.

Moving forward, lots of changes are being made or about to change.  My day job is changing, which means (hopefully) less working on weekends.  I enjoy making jewellery so much that I don't see my devotion to the shop changing any time soon!

I've also had a little revamp in the way I package items.  Shown below are the new earring cards, and envelopes design.  These cards will be used to package and display earrings and necklaces.  For larger items, I shall still use organza bags and you can of course request these.  Let me know what you think of the new design.







As ever, I am relying on the help of my friends and customers to spread the word about the shop.  I would hope these display cards will help, but if you know of anyone who would like my designs please do share the etsy shop, facebook group, blog, or drop me a line and I will send you some of these custom display cards to pass on.

As for the next 100 days...who only knows where we'll be!!

One last update involves a new item to the store; stacking memory wire rings.

These are designed to fit (almost) any size finger, including those of us with diddier digits.  As an introductory offer, the rings are available on a 3 for 2 offer: enter RINGS3FOR2 at the checkout to claim.  If they are successful then I will expand the line, but as ever if you want another colour or have some feedback please do let me know.

To the next 100 days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment