Wednesday 8 May 2013

I heart resin

Well the results are in, I love using resin!

My first pieces have turned out very well, all things considered.  Two larger pieces have some flaws, but that is due more to the medium I used rather than the resin.

Four smaller pieces have been produced and two are already on display in my etsy shop.

Clarity; steamunk studs consist of vintage watch parts suspended in domed clear resin in a silver plated stuff.  The silver back shows each piece to great effect and ensure you catch the light at every angle.

Clarity; steampunk drops are made in a similar vein but with a small silver plated charm attached to a silver plated earring wire.  

I think these are beautiful and yet simple, and show the detail of each component to great effect, as well as using those tiny pieces that are otherwise far too delicate for everyday use

I have also experimented with some coloured resin and will show you those results soon.

What do you think of these pieces?  If they are popular I will create further versions for the shop, although each item is unique due to the method of production.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment