Saturday 25 May 2013

Pearls!

I was a little naughty yesterday. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more jewellery supplies until June.

That didn't happen!

I remembered a local shop I had looked at but never been in to, called Bamba Beads.  I visited the shop yesterday and ended up leaving with two bags of freshwater pearls!

These pearls are absolutely beautiful; each has a slightly different shape and the lustre on them is amazing. They also come in a variety of different colours.


I couldn't wait to try them out, and paired the smaller white pearls with some beautiful long antique bronze filigree bead caps I recently picked up.



The bead caps are incredibly delicate, but it allowed me to hand shape them to create a setting for the pearls. Best bit has to be that no adhesives were used, so they maintain a simplicity and movement you wouldn't otherwise have.

I'm going to be experimenting with these pearls over the next week so do check back at the shop here for more items

No comments:

Post a Comment