Tuesday 7 May 2013

Proper steampunk!

Today has been a busy day.

Over the weekend I made around 30 new pieces, which will be going up on the shop over the next week.  I've trialled a few new pieces in resin, and we shall see what the results are tomorrow.

I am however very proud of my new accomplishment.  I have begun using vintage watch parts in my jewellery and, I think, to great effect.



This piece uses vintage cogs in copper and silver attached to an antique brass chandelier earring and antique brass earring wire.  No solvents or glue is used, which means everything has movement and really catches the light.



Several other pieces are on the way, but this pair of earrings are not for sale.  They are my first use of vintage watches, using two movements and several cogs.  I should sell them, I know I should... but I think I love them too much!  These do use resin to fix the gears and cogs in place but are just amazing (sorry if I sound egocentric, but I am so chuffed with these).

I have sourced some new watch movements so these should be coming to the shop in the next couple of weeks if there is sufficient interest.

In the meantime, I hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend, and enjoy browsing what's going on in my store!

L


No comments:

Post a Comment